At HelloPhysio, we receive questions from people about our services and other physiotherapy-related topics. Below you’ll find some of the most common questions that we tend to get at our physiotherapy clinic in Novena. If you don’t see an answer to your questions below, do explore our website or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In most cases, insurance providers cover physiotherapy treatment and services. Contact your insurer or consult our clinical office team if you have questions.
Physiotherapy is a treatment approach with the use of manual therapy in conjunction with modern machines that aid in tissue healing to reduce pain and optimize pain-free movement; it acts as a catalyst to healing after the client is empowered with movement strategies and exercises that strengthen and support injured areas. It is an important part of gaining a pain-free life.
The nature and severity of an injury can influence your treatment options. Our physiotherapy clinic offers a wide-scope of modalities including:
- Traditional manual therapy for neuromuscular control and biomechanical movement.
- Clinical Pilates Clinical Pilates and personal training taught by our professional team of specialists can assist in muscle recovery, aid in injury healing, build strength and flexibility, reduce bodily pain, and promote wellbeing
- Shockwave Therapy for those suffering from a wide variety of musculoskeletal problems that decrease mobility.
- INDIBA radiofrequency to induce the body’s natural process of repair to reduce pain and swelling, and speed up healing.
- Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT) to manage musculoskeletal problems and chronic pain management conditions like back pain or osteoarthritis.
- Sports massage therapy to relax tight muscles to increase flexibility and relaxation.
- Red light therapy to relieve aching muscles and aid in sports injury recovery.
- Dry needling to relieve pain, inflammation, blood circulation, anxiety, and tight muscles by targeting myofascial trigger points.
- Lymphatic massage to reduce pain and increase range of motion by draining toxins from the release of scar tissue.
Our physiotherapists can discuss with you the best physiotherapy treatment option or combination of complementary therapies.
Common types of exercises prescribed for clients include static and dynamic strength work, proprioceptive work (to enhance brain to muscle connection), progressive tissue loading based on client’s tissue capacity at the time of treatment.
Low back pain is treated with individualized case management with use of patient assessment, hands-on manual work and appropriate modalities to assist with the reduction of pain foremost in order to activate pain-free mobility thereafter.
Sometimes surgery is required to ensure you can get back to your normal daily life without pain. An orthopedic surgeon will explore all avenues before resorting to surgery as this can take a major toll on your body. This is a major decision and one that should not be considered without fully educating yourself on both the benefits and risks.
Even with the best surgical intervention, clinical outcomes and complications can arise if post-op treatment plans aren’t followed. And this is why finding the best physiotherapy for your condition is integral to give the best chance of recovering long-term.
Our physio clinic brings evidence-based therapies into daily pain management. We supplement our manual therapy with the most advanced modalities that provide real rehabilitative benefits from shockwave therapy and INDIBA Activ.
- Reduce pain and inflammation after an injury.
- Restore full function to the injured body part.
- Accelerate recovery to allow you to resume normal sport activities.
- Maintain a heart healthy practice throughout your rehabilitation process.
- Prevent future or recurrent injuries.
- Increase strength in injured or weakened muscles.
Clinical Pilates can help with back pain in a number of ways. It strengthens core muscles in the abdomen and pelvis, which can improve posture to help reduce pain. It also helps to rehabilitate injuries by focusing on the optimal movement of the body, whether caused by poor posture or acute injury. Clinical Pilates is beneficial because it targets specific problem areas for individual clients while still having overall benefits for the entire body. It can be a lifesaver for most people suffering from back pain.
Sports massages are performed by trained therapists who have experience working with athletes or people involved in regular, strenuous physical activity. Sports massages differ from other types of therapeutic massages because they focus on specific areas of the body and treat problems related to muscles and joints caused by overuse, injury, or strenuous exercise. The main goal is to increase blood flow through targeted pressure applied to problem areas. Some common conditions treated with sports massages include muscle tightness, tension headaches, fatigue, joint pain/stiffness, shin splints, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow and post-workout soreness.
Lymphatic fluid can accumulate as a result of certain medical conditions. Lymphatic Drainage Massage can help people who suffer from lymphedema, fibromyalgia, swelling or edema, skin disorders, fatigue, insomnia, stress, digestive issues, arthritis, and migraine attacks. Lymphatic Drainage Massages can also be beneficial to those who have been diagnosed with cancer, congestive heart failure, and chronic venous insufficiency associated with deep vein thrombosis. The fluid in the lymphatic system assists in the removal of waste and toxins from the body’s tissues.
Craniosacral Therapy is very helpful for many different health conditions. It can help with chronic pain issues like insomnia or stress-related disorders to any type of nervous system disorder, including anxiety and depression too. Additionally, this technique has proven useful in treating conditions from problems with sleep to emotional distress, headaches or migraines, impaired motor coordination, and autoimmune disease.
Dry Needling targets trigger points within the muscle or a tight band of skeletal muscle found within a larger muscle group. Trigger points are typically tender to touch and can address pain in other parts of the body.
We do sell complementary products and equipment, such as the Theragun percussive massage device, orthotic insoles and other related products to help patients in their recovery. Contact our team to find out more about the products and services offered.
Patients may select either a male or female therapist, depending on their preference. Our office is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all of our patients, regardless of gender identity. We respect your right to choose the therapist that best fits your needs. At any time, if you would like to have a chaperon of the same sex or treatment with the clinic room doors open, please do not hesitate to let our front office team or therapist know.